Calc a Guru
(levity at its highest)
For those who've transcended the experience of mere mortals, the Guruvy Meter picks up where the experience level of 10 leaves off. It thinks outside the box, just like real gurus do. If your not here to plan a garden but only to see how your current garden scenario stacks up, and if your average yields surpass those with the highest level of experience, it's likely you've left Goodtown and entered Guruville. The Guruvy Meter was put here just for your amusement. So twist one up, chill out, and find a guru setting for yourself or your favorite guru!
Before selecting a guru setting you should already have a growing scenario selected. The Guruvy Meter adds layers of experience over and above that of #10 and adjusts the yields accordingly. Just make a selection in the Guruvy Meter drop down box, then recalc the Guruvy yield. Find the setting that comes closest to the guru's yield.
Create Your Growing Scenario
- Enter any combination of HPS and/or MH lumens. The combined Total Lumens must be at least 4970 lumens (a rating for
the smallest HID lamp).
- Enter any light intensity between 3000 and 16000 lumens per square foot. The entry must be within that range or you
will be prompted to re-enter.
- If you use don't use hydroponic media change the default to non-hydro medium, then click the ReCalc Mortal Yield button
to refresh the totals.
- Adjust the Guruvy Meter then click the ReCalc Guruvy Yield button
- Readjust the meter setting until the Guruvy yield shown comes closest to the Guru's actual yield.
For a sample, click this button to for a hydro grower using a 600w HPS and a 400w MH with a light intensity tweaked to fit a 20 square foot space, and whose actual yield was 840 grams. Because the grower using this scenario transcended the 715 gram yield forecasted for experienced growers, and because his actual yield was closest to the 857 grams shown for the #2 Guruvy Meter setting, he's earned the esteemed title of Apprentice Guru.